Pastoral Care Associates (PCA) delivers quality pastoral care for your patients, their families and your staff.
Because health care has moved to a more holistic approach (CQI) involving all levels of care: Physical, social, emotional / psychological and spiritual, there is an increasing awareness that spiritual values and the spiritual community of a person assist in the patient’s recovery. There is a growing need for a partnership between various disciplines to effect a comprehensive approach to patient care. Research indicates that patients who receive good pastoral care get well sooner and have less complaints (from both the patients and their families.)
- Our PCA staff can be available 24 hours a day. (The contracting organization will have a specially trained chaplain whom they can call during times of crisis.)
- PCA Staff can work as part of the Ethics team, dealing with staff and families.
- PCA Staff can be available as a reliable resource to your staff, who may sometimes need spiritual support. This will help with the “burn-out” factor.
- PCA Staff will work with different religions and cultures and will be responsible for coordinating ministry.
- PCA Staff can be part of the CODE ARREST team, working with families in a crisis. This will assist your medical staff.
- PCA Staff will make regular rounds and assess spiritual needs of the patients.
- PCA Staff will Coordinate and work with nursing and social services, enhancing patient advocacy. This leads to more patient satisfaction during their stay.
- PCA Staff supports the goals and objectives of JCAHO and provide a team approach to all levels of care.
Participating in Staffing & Patient Reviews
Charting medical records and maintaining documentation of Visitations, Sacramental ministry, Consultations
No longer do you have to guess if a clergy person has seen the patient.
Pastoral Care Associates is now offering Bereavement Services.
The Pastoral Care Associate staff will coordinate and work with nursing and social services to provide bereavement services to family who have lost a loved one.
- PCA will assist families from the initial phone call to burial and provide aftercare services.
- PCA will assist in providing funeral home selection and conduct services if needed.
- Grief support groups are available with pre-registration at no charge for the groups. It can be uplifting to talk with others who are going through similar experiences.
For more information regarding our services, Please contact our office.
Hospital, Nursing Home Consultations
PCA can assess your Chaplaincy needs. Make recommendations and provide spiritual care for any hospital or nursing home. Fees for this service are negotiable.
CHAPLAINS SERVICES – $25 Per Hour
- The chaplain will be assigned to the facility an agreed upon number of hours each week, as needed, according to the census of the hospital.
- If requested, the chaplain may conduct worship services if so desired.
- On-Call Services – $30 Per Hour – PASTORAL CARE ASSOCIATES is interested in keeping your costs to a minimum.
- A chaplain shall be assigned and available for on-call services, seven (7) days a week, three hundred sixty-five (365) days a year, (also using back-up chaplains in cases of emergency when the regular chaplain is unavailable.) The Chaplain will respond to all emergency calls when not on the premises. Please call or CONTACT US us for current pricing.
- Term of Agreement – We would like to enter into a multi-year agreement with you. CONTACT US to work out details.
PASTORAL CARE ASSOCIATES is affordable, quality pastoral care. Let us join in partnership with you to provide quality patient care for today, tomorrow and the future.Thank you.